Friday, October 24, 2014

Fall...the time when everything bursts with its last beauty


"...as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale"  -- Lauren De Stefano 




































Crisp blue sky, red and yellow leaves crunching under foot, sweater weather threatening to turn to coat weather before you blink: Fall is certainly upon us. I don't have a finished project to show this week. These little hands have been busy making Halloween costumes and working on a few blanket projects hopefully to be completed before winter finally rears its head.

I've been waking up in the dark most mornings and the sun sets before the kiddos are in bed so our after dinner walks have become more of a pre-dinner event. I'm taking advantage of the season by making as much pumpkin bread and apple crisp my family can stomach. So far they're not complaining.  As the first holiday of the season, Halloween starts the frenzy that becomes my cooking habits. It all starts with the pumpkin and soups and slowly wends its way through Turkey, stuffing, green been casserole, ending with lamb roast and mince pies. I love this time of year, but it feels more overwhelming this year, like I'm cramming as much as possible into as little time manageable. I'll blame the early darkness and the pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment